While in Delhi, members can avail the various Institute facilities like library, sports and guesthouse at nominal charge.
1.Sports: Swimming, Billiards, T.T., Squash, Badminton, Cricket. Contact for details: Sports Office , SAC Building,Tel: 2659 1533
2. Library: Library Tickets on payment of the security deposit of Rs.5050/-
3. Use of Faculty Guest House:
FOR OUTSTATION ALUMNI:
SINGLE ROOM (With AC)-Rs.1800/- PER DAY
DOUBLE ROOM (With AC)-Rs.2250/- PER DAY
Please make sure your application to IIT Alumni Association mentions the entry number, degree and the year of passing, 10 days in advance to the date of booking. Alumni can book accommodation only for themselves. One day charges will be levied in case of booking not being availed by the alumnus.
The following guidelines are hereby notified for booking of rooms and stay by Alumni at the Institute Faculty Guest House:-
- An Alumnus can book a room in Faculty Guest House for use by self and accompanying spouse/children for the purpose of visiting his Alma Mater.
- All requests for booking of rooms are to be routed through IITD Alumni Association.
- An Alumnus can not book a room in the Faculty Guest House for any of his/her guests. Nor can he /she book a room for spouse/children if self is not present.
- An Alumnus is provided one Room during his/her stay under Category `C'. If an additional room is required for children, the same can be provided under category `D' subject to availability.
- Rooms are booked subject to availability. Rooms for official visitors to IIT Delhi (Category `A' and `B') are accorded highest priority. Rooms for Alumni are booked thereafter. If rooms are available, the maximum number of rooms that can be booked for Alumni at any time are restricted to 25% of the rooms in FGH (i.e. 9 rooms).
- The maximum duration of booking by an Alumnus for one visit is limited to five days.
- The maximum number of visits by an Alumnus per calendar year for which room booking can be done is three times per year.
- The form for booking a room must reach the Guest House Booking Unit from the IITD Alumni Association atleast five working days in advance of the proposed visit. It must be accompanied by the original request letter from the Alumnus indicating his/her entry number and stating that the booking request is for self use.
- IIT Delhi Alumni Association should not forward requests which are not in conformance with 5,6 and 7 above.
- One day cancellation charges are levied, if a booking is not cancelled one working day in advance. The responsibility of payment of cancellation charges to IIT Delhi within seven days of raising the bill lies with the IITD Alumni Association.
- Rooms for Alumni Reunions are booked as per separate guidelines.
- There is no provision for booking of rooms by Alumni of other IITs at the Faculty Guest House.
The has approval of the Competent Authority.