Dr. B.S. Sahay
Dr. B.S. Sahay
IIT Delhi Alumni Award for
Outstanding Contribution to National Development
Dr. B.S. Sahay obtained Ph.D. degree from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT Delhi) in Industrial Engineering in 1995. Dr. Sahay is presently Director, Indian Institute of Management Raipur.
Dr. Sahay after completion of Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering from IIT Delhi, moved to academics from industry. Started teaching and researching in the area of Production & Operations Management and Supply Chain Management. To create a research based institute which will serve the society, the state and the nation for the economic growth and prosperity.
He was Director of MDI from 2009-10, his mandate is to put MDI on the global map and transform MDI into one of the top business school in the world. When he was a Director, he transformed Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad from a teaching school into an integrated business school in last four and a half years. Today IMT Ghaziabad is known for academic excellence, quality research, strong industry interface, international linkages and executive education. IMT has been consistently ranked among one of the top business school in India.
ACHIEVEMETNS & AWRDS:
- Mobiled more than Rs. 10.6 million rupees of research grants and carried out 21 sponsored researches.
- Produced 3 Ph.D.s and many are in pipeline. , Authored 6 books and edited 12 books
- Published more than 135 research papers in the international/national journals and conferences.
- Organined first ever International Conference in the area of Supply Chain Management
- National Informatics Centre, Government of India and Fertilizer Association of India (FAI) used my Ph.D. research work on ‘Strategic Planning and Policy Modeling for Indian Fertiliser Industry - A System Dynamics Approach’ for forecasting fertiliser demand and developing front end system for studying various policy planning issues regarding fertilizer demand, production, pricing and subsidy.
- Distinguished Alumni Award 2010 was conferred for significant contribution by hia BIT Sindri
- ISTD National Book Award, 2007 for my book on Supply Chain Modelling & Solutions (Macmillan) for the outstanding contribution to the understanding of management principles and practices.
- Emerald 2005 Award for Excellence (Highly Commended Award) for Managing the Transition Phases in the TQM Journey: A System Dynamics, published inInternational Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, Vol. 21, No. 5, 2004.
- Award of Excellence in Research 2004 given by Management Development Institute Gurgaon, for the outstanding contribution in the area of research and publications.
- ISTD National Book Award, 2001 for my book on World Class Manufacturing: A Strategic Perspective (Macmillan) for the outstanding contribution to the understanding of management principles and practices.
In honouring Dr. B.S. Sahay, IIT Delhi Alumni Association recognizes and appreciates his outstanding contributions to National Development.