IITD Alumni Association is dedicated to bringing together the alumni community on a common platform to build another channel of personal and professional support to members through 'self-help' within community.
The IIT Delhi Alumni Association is the collective body of over 37,000 alumni of Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. Apart from serving as a base for information about the alumni, it initiates programs and organizes events important to alumni, their alma mater, and in the national interest.
Among the important objectives of the Association are:
* To promote and foster mutually beneficial interaction between the Alumni and the present students of IIT Delhi, and between Alumni themselves.
* To encourage the Alumni to take an active and abiding interest in the work and progress of the Institute so as to contribute towards the enhancement of the social utility of their Alma Mater.
The Association has established scholarships for deserving and needy students of IIT Delhi and continues to encourage its members to do so. It has also instituted various awards and prizes to encourage students to achieve excellence in their various pursuits.
It has also established an “Award for Outstanding Contribution to National Development” to recognize contributions made by IIT Delhi alumni in various facets of national development.
It has also instituted awards for students, the major ones being:
* Alumni Award for Academic Improvement
* Alumni Award for Community Service
The Association raised funds for the establishment of “Prof. R. N. Dogra Chair” in the Civil Engineering Department of IIT Delhi. This chair is in memory of Late Prof. Dogra, the first Director of IIT Delhi and the man who made a great contribution in building IIT Delhi from scratch, and who established systems to set it on its path to its present eminence.
As you perhaps know, the Alumni Association operates from the interest earned on the corpus, with interest accruing on a six monthly basis.
This amount falls far short of that required for the range and scope of activities that are being undertaken such as the following:
* publishing and distributing IITDAA Newsletter
* technical seminars and lectures
* family get together and sports events like kite flying, family picnic, cricket and table tennis competitions, alumni musical evening
* felicitation function for the Distinguished Alumni Awardees
* IITDAA Award for “outstanding Contribution to National Development”
* support and awards to the student community with “Alumni Award for Community Service”, “Alumni Award for Academic Improvement”, I2Tech awards etc
* IITDAA also maintains a website and provides a platform for interaction among the alumni community
* interacting and providing support to various Chapters in India and abroad
* updating and maintaining the data base of our alumni
* IITDAA is also in the process of publishing a Coffee Table Book on IIT Delhi
* Organizing Alumni get together and AGM (which is the culmination of the year’s activities and is widely attended by over a thousand faculty, alumni and family members)
The Association has nine chapters in India, eight chapters in USA, and one chapter in the UK.
We have a small office staff (also provided for by the interest earning) but the majority of the work is done by an honorary elected Executive Committee and office bearers.
The office bearers for the year 2012-13 are as follows:
Adv. Somnath Bharti – President
Mr. Pravin Purang – Secretary
Mr. Anil K. Vij – Treasurer
Mr. R. K. Gupta – Jt. Secretary